When you are not streaming, your viewers can enjoy the streams of other popular streamers on Twitch. Additionally, it gives more established Twitch streamers a chance to showcase up-and-coming talent, exposing them to a large fan base and hopefully increasing their viewership. Hosting on Twitch is not a new concept, but there’s still a lot of confusion about how to actually do it.
We at Tech Advisor are Twitch experts and explain how to broadcast on Twitch using a desktop or mobile device. We have a selection of the best streaming software and capture cards for those interested in streaming on Twitch, as well as how to stream on Twitch.
How to host a Twitch stream
Fortunately, since you are not actually streaming yourself, you can set up your hosting on Twitch not only via your Mac or PC, but also through your mobile device with very little effort. Here are three methods you can use.
How to Install Optifine on PC & Mac:
- Log in to your Twitch account by going to the Twitch website in any browser supported by Twitch. You can create an account here if you haven’t already.
- Click on your profile icon in the top left corner of the Twitch website, and then click Channel to get to your personal Twitch channel.
- Using the chat window on the right of the page, click the channel name and type /Host XX, replacing XX with the username of the Twitch channel that you would like to host. As it’s not as user-friendly as, for example, Twitter and Instagram, and since it won’t automatically fill in your username, make sure that you type it in correctly.
- You’ll then be able to see the stream of your chosen channel appear on your page if they’re streaming!
- In order to stop hosting another channel, type /Unhost in your chat to remove it from your list of channels.
How to Install Optifine on Mobile:
- Depending on your mobile operating system, you can download the Twitch app from the App Store or Google Play.
- If you don’t already have an account, log in or create one.
- The Account icon can be found in the upper-right corner of Android and in the upper-left corner of iOS.
- Access your Channel’s chat window by tapping the Chat tab.
- To host a channel, simply type /Host XX, replacing XX with the username of the channel.
- The channel will automatically be hosted.
- You can stop hosting the channel by typing /unhost in the channel chat.
How Do I Stop Hosting on Twitch?
There is a simple command that you can use to end things smoothly. Here’s how you can stop hosting on Twitch via the chatbox:
- Go to the guest channel in your chat.
- Enter /unhost in front of their username.
- Wait for the notification to ensure the host is no longer running.
Keep in mind that your editors can manage host sessions as well. This includes starting and ending sessions, as well as adding channels. If you let them promote certain creators even when you’re offline, you can put that to good use. You might want to create a list of your favorite channels so you don’t get confused.
What Is The Process For Hosting Other Twitch Streamers?
The most common way to host a party is to invite creators through your chat box. Follow these steps to host streamers:
- Go to your chat box.
- Copy the name of the channel you want to host.
- Put /host in front of it and paste it into your chat.
- You can use the /host command again to add another channel. It is possible to do this a maximum of three times.
You don’t have to worry about hosting making changes to your chat room. In addition to allowing your subscribers to interact, it keeps all your chat settings intact.